Maurice Obstfeld, (2017), “Understanding and Managing Financial Interdependence”, IMF Blog, 8 November
The 18th Annual Jacques Polak Annual Research Conference last week opened with Managing Director Christine Lagarde noting the ebb and flow of capital movements into emerging market and developing economies since the turn of the millennium. She asked three questions at the heart of the discussion, and to which speakers returned consistently during the conference:
- How do advanced-country policies feed into global financial conditions?
- How are those conditions transmitted into recipient countries?
- How can global finance be harnessed to enhance the benefits it offers while lowering the risks?
- European Commission, (2017), «Challenges to integrated markets», 2017 Fellowship Initiative Papers, 20 July
- Georgiadis, Georgios, Jančoková, Martina, (2017), «Financial globalisation, monetary policy spillovers and macro-modelling: tales from 1001 shocks», ECB, June